FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating music video with Smoke

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pavel Pavlov
Creating music video with Smoke
on Apr 1, 2012 at 8:25:05 am

Hi!
I working in Avid MC, FCP 7, FCP X. And I want learn to work with Smoke.
I want edit music video in Smoke only.
I have some media (ProRes HQ from Canon EOS 5d) - 30 clips with singer in various angles, shots and different make-ups; 15 clips with dancer in various angles, shots and audio master clip with song.

Can you tell me about optimal workflow? In steps?
I make project, ingesting clips in EditDesk and generated proxy clips already.

What do I do next?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Creating music video with Smoke
on Apr 1, 2012 at 12:40:55 pm

Smoke has a lot of features and can do lots of things. Bt since you have experience with other software, then I assume you know the basics of editing. Smoke is an editor as well. So just edit.

Sounds lik you would put you master audio on ch 1/2 and then cover the Blake with your video.

Once you get going you can add effects or transitions. But the editing comes first. Insert/overwrite/trim

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Pavel Pavlov
on Apr 1, 2012 at 2:41:05 pm

Thanks, Brian!

What is way to sync my angles and takes with master audio song?
Manually tuning clip by moving it each time when I edit in-out segment to timeline that my singer match with song? Or have another way?
How sync all clips with master audio, that I can see a difference in frames, when I put clip on timeline.

Smoke have a gang features, may be it help me?
Or I need make a sequence with all clips one over other and sync it and put it in source monitor and cut to timeline from it (as in Avid)?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Apr 1, 2012 at 4:24:50 pm

Smoke really doesn't have a multicam feature. So a bit of this would be manual. I have used Gang, and it works well.
Select your clips in the source area. Sync them up, then select all and GANG. They info should turn green. Then when you play one, they all play. Select the one you want the shot from and edit via insert as needed.

You can also include the Mini Record Viewer on the desktop to be included with the gang. That way, when you scrub the rec seq, the source clips remain in sync.

You might want to sync the shots up with the master audio and some consistent TC, in order to have the raw clips in sync.

The other way of vertically stacking the clip sin sync in an edit would work as well. You then just have to use the playhead on the source clip to see the shots underneath.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Pavel Pavlov
on Apr 2, 2012 at 5:22:56 am

Thanks!
I don't think that Record Sequence must in Gang with other clips.
I make sequence with master audio and gang it with other source video clips - it will like multi clip mode in other edit system

Return to posts index

Pavel Pavlov
on Apr 15, 2012 at 7:55:45 pm

gang clips was not good idea. My system too slowly for it.

Pavel Pavlov
Editor, Air Promo
TNT-Broadcasting Network
Moscow, Russia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]