FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereoscopic imports

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lederman
Stereoscopic imports
on Mar 22, 2012 at 2:02:39 pm

I am about to do a stereoscopic job. Told the client I need left eye and right eye files. I am being told they have anaglyph and dual-image files. Is there a way to import those files and create stereo tracks from them, do the work, then re-export dual-image files?

I have taken left eye/rt eye files before and exported dual-image, but never started with dual-image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Rob Lederman
Sr. Smoke Editor / Compositor / FCP / Resolve
North Avenue Post
rob@northavenuepost.com

Return to posts index

David Jahns
Re: Stereoscopic imports
on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:08:04 am

by "dual-image" files - do you mean side-by-side or top-bottom 1/2 resolution files?

Unfortunately, Smoke doesn't support those formats. (I was quite surprised, too - especially since the formats being used for broadcast & the consumer sets these days.)

If that's the case, I think you're best bet would be to create new media for each eye - splitting the image in half and stretching it back to full rez and creating your stereo tracks with that new media. Yeah, they'd really only be half rez, but that's all they are anyway, right?

Then you'd have to do the reverse on export. Hard Commit each eye, then create a new side-by-side timeline for export.

Or maybe they'll announce new stereo options at NAB?

Good luck.

Just curious - where is the source material coming from? is there a consumer camera or something shooting side by side format?

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]