FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2012 and correct drivers for Quadro FX4800 ?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Mendoza
Smoke 2012 and correct drivers for Quadro FX4800 ?
on Feb 5, 2012 at 5:44:43 am

Working at a small shop where they have a system setup on a MacPro 12 core 2.93 with 32gb ram, os 10.7.2, Aja Kona 3g, Smoke 2012 SAP SP1, and Quadro Fx4800. Seems to run well.

Recently someone updated the CUDA drivers in the System preferences. Now it’s using the LATEST Cuda drivers version 4.x. Was wondering if this has caused problems for anyone? Don’t seem to have access to Broadcast Monitor option for DVI Monitor (on second lcd desktop monitor). Was able to access that before. Although the option for Kona output is sill available in the Broadcast monitor menu.

Also to confuse the isuue, the Sapphire Sparks 5 was updated to latest version 5.1x. Now when in Sapphire, and and effect is applied, when you try and edit the effect parameters, the screen goes black!

Thinking it may be the drivers for the Quadro Fx4800 and/or Cuda drivers. Wish I knew what were the Autodesk recommended versions for both these mentioned.

Thanks for any help, in advance.

Return to posts index

Robert Adam
Re: Smoke 2012 and correct drivers for Quadro FX4800 ?
on Feb 6, 2012 at 3:24:11 pm

Hi Mike.

The NVIDIA drivers we test and recommend are the ones included in the recommended OS update (currently 10.7.2, or 10.6.7 for folks that use the Quadro 4000).
There was only one occasion in early 2011 when we recommended a stand-alone driver from the NVIDIA web site, due to a major issue in the OS update driver.

As far as CUDA goes, Smoke does not use that, but Sapphire Sparks do. Again, we recommend whichever version came with the OS update. I am surprised that you lost broadcast monitoring simply by upgrading the CUDA drivers. I'll raise this issue with my colleagues and see if any of them has any idea.

Regards,
Robert

PS: I just noticed you thread on the AREA with the same question. I'll repost this answer there as well. Sorry for replying so late.

Autodesk M&E Support
http://www.facebook.com/AutodeskMECF

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]