FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with timewarp...

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corinna Canek
Problem with timewarp...
on Jan 30, 2012 at 9:05:00 am

Hi,

I have a huge problem. I have an AAF from Avid. In Avid, they created an edit using material with 300fps and they timewarped a lot! And all the timewarps consist of ramps (so variable speeds).

Now, when I import the AAF, I get the timewarps with them (although sometimes they don't seem to have any effect). Also, if I'm lucky enough to get the keyframes at the correct positions, the values do not match. I get weird values ranging up to over 1000 (even if the original keyframe would only be at 200 or so).

So now my boss is telling me to find a solution for this. He says it's not an option to edit in Smoke, and it's also not an option to recreate the timewarp manually in Smoke.
Is there even any other way?

I appreciate any help I can get!!

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

robert coulin
Re: Problem with timewarp...
on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:56:40 am

hi,

unfortunately theres not much you can do besides that ...
speedramps are a problem in transfer - so its eyematching or entering values - i must admit, i´m even almost (positively)surprised, that keyframes are coming over ...

good luck

robert

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Jan 30, 2012 at 6:31:32 pm

I've never had much luck with speed ramps coming across in XML, or AAF.
Since editing in the Smoke isn't an option, what about using the footage from the Avid? In the Avid, the editor can always consolidate the sequence, and relink to uncompressed or higher rez media, and render out the footage.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame
http://www.thereelthinginc.com

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:15:09 pm

A while ago FXPHD for Smoke had an exact lesson you had described. The bottom line, you have to match speed ramps manually.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]