FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output of Surround sound from Smoke Machines

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Hughes
Output of Surround sound from Smoke Machines
on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:39:58 pm

Good morning!

I have a longstanding client that we are attempting to help output 5.1 surround sound to his graphics rooms.

They have two Smoke machines that are being run in rooms adjacent to one another.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can output 5.1 for them ?

I am sure to some extent AJA makes a card for this.....or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: Output of Surround sound from Smoke Machines
on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:16:53 pm

I'm not clear on how you are trying to get 5.1 to their graphics room. Are you trying to send them a quicktime or audio files?

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Brian Hughes
on Jan 20, 2012 at 6:02:30 pm

No, they want to be able to hear 5.1 Surround sound from their Smoke system.

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Feb 1, 2012 at 6:25:36 pm

get 5.1.

ok, you have to be a bit more precise. If you're talking about hearing 6 channels of sound in the next room or wherever, just assign the appropriate Mono track to the appropriate output channel, i.e., ch1 -left, ch2-right,ch3-center, ch4-sub(LFE), ch5-Left Surround, Ch6-Right Surround. Assuming you have 5 Audio Monitors(speakers) and an Appropriate Sub.
Then of course, you need to use AES/EBU or SDI to carry the channels out of the Aja card/breakoutbox. And preferable a Digital mixer of some sort, with similar connections.

If you mean a true Dolby encoded version, you'll need a Dolby Encoder, and then, of course, a Dolby Decoder for playback on the other end. And, remember, there's a 1-2 frame offset delay for encoding/decoding. So you'd have to set you're picture to playback a frame or 2 late to be in sync with the audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]