FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer to Smoke

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Swircz
Avid Media Composer to Smoke
on Dec 21, 2011 at 5:34:29 pm

I have project that was cut in Avid Media Composer 6 that needs to go to Adobe Smoke for finish. The edit was done on one computer and needs to go to Smoke which lives on another computer.

How can I go about getting the correct footage and an AAF to the editor who will be finishing the spot in Smoke. I've read and watched a few things about this and it just doesn't seem like it wants to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Casey

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Avid Media Composer to Smoke
on Dec 21, 2011 at 8:15:19 pm

Have you seen Grant Kay's video n the subject?
It might be that you have to copy or consolidate the media.
This was done using MC5.5, so hopefully MC6 didn't break anything.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Casey Swircz
on Jan 3, 2012 at 5:27:09 pm

Thanks Brian!

Yes I have seen this video and my only problem is that I can't use the "link to" option because I need to be able to get all the media from the sequence from one computer to another. I've tried using consolidate media and copy all media. I must be doing something wrong because it's not working. If you know what I should be doing to consolidate or copy that would be great. Or which option is the best. Thanks again! Please let me know if you have any information. Any would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks!
Casey

Casey

Return to posts index

Marc Fisher
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:37:08 pm

Casey, as this is something we do on a daily basis, here's the instructions we give to editorial. they work 100% of the time.

Exporting an AAF composition with copied media:
1) On the Media Composer, load the sequence of interest.
2) Disable unused tracks and select all the video tracks needed for playback.
3) Go to File EXPORT
4) At the bottom, select Untitled in the EXPORT Settings and set up the following:

Export Method = Copy All Media
Check the Render Video Effect
UN-Check Transcode Video

Media Destinations Video = Folder
UN-check Use Same Folder as AAF File. This will allow you to click on the SELECT FOLDER button. Click on it and navigate to the folder for your show and click on OK.

5) Select SAVE AS... And name the settings something that you'll remember that is specifically for Editorial. That way all you have to do is select your saved setting.

6) Export the audio as a stereo wav file & place it in the same network folder you placed the AAF & Copied video.

Please make sure you include the 2 pop in the audio wav file.

good luck.
Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]