FORUMS: list search recent posts

media export problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson De Macedo
media export problems
on Nov 13, 2011 at 2:13:57 am

Hi everyone..

I'm a french 3D artist (so excuse me for the bad english). No heavy background in compositing, editing or finishing. Just pure 3D. I'm testing smoke, but i need a little help.

I have a problem exporting media. No matter what i do when i try to export media, the message in the background task is always the same:

"...usr/...../ file does not seem to exist..."

even when i do nothing to the clip, no softFX or batchFX, i just put a clip in the record timeline, save everything and export, the message still the same..

what am i doing wrong??

thank you all..

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: media export problems
on Nov 13, 2011 at 3:42:17 pm

This thread on The-Area may help.

http://the-area.com/forum/autodesk-smoke-for-mac-os-x/general-discussion/ex...

It appears that there might be some issues communicating with your imported media, which I assume is NOT "Stored Local Copy".

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Nelson De Macedo
on Nov 13, 2011 at 4:33:57 pm

Hi Brian..

thanks for your help..

i already seen this thread, didn't work for me. but you assume right NOT "stored local copy".
if i try to do the same thing in the tutorial projects (just export something) i still get this message..

but if i export the same files with the wiretapcentral it exports just fine..

??? any ideas ???

thanks..

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Nov 13, 2011 at 6:02:28 pm

Make sure everything is processed. This will make sure that everything is processed dpx frames on your framestore.

Take your edit, add a Layer, place a CC effect in the gap, and process this. It will process a null effect, but will render it all to the framestore.

Try and export that. There is obviously an issue with your config. Do you have a static IP for your network?

Brian Mulligan

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Nov 13, 2011 at 6:03:45 pm

Make sure everything is processed. This will make sure that everything is processed dpx frames on your framestore.

Take your edit, add a Layer, place a CC effect in the gap, and process this. It will process a null effect, but will render it all to the framestore.

Try and export that. There is obviously an issue with your config. Do you have a static IP?

One other thing.... Create a clip of color noise from the color frame tool. See if that internal clip will export..

Brian Mulligan

Return to posts index

Stanley Little
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:52:50 pm

I'm having the same issue with exporting in Smoke 2013 and I do have a static ip address. Smoke 2012 export works fine on the same system. Could this be a bug or something?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:57:35 pm

Exporting in the Pre1 of Smoke2013 isn't all there at the moment.The release notes confirm that

Brian Mulligan

Return to posts index

Stanley Little
on Jun 14, 2012 at 12:45:01 am

Thanks Brian, I guess I should had read the notes..I was so excited to use it :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]