FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paint missing in History

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris north
Paint missing in History
on Nov 8, 2011 at 1:19:10 pm

Hello,

I've created a simple line shape on a single frame in the Paint module. I bring this into Action as media and animate it across the screen.

I now want to change the shape but keep the animation.

When I view the history of the resulting clip I can see the "Paint" icon (and even the little line I drew in the thumbnail) but when I double click it the Paint module opens without any content. How can I amend the existing line? Or is this a bug?

chris

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Paint missing in History
on Nov 8, 2011 at 3:41:27 pm

Paint is one of those modules that inturupts the History.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Creative_Finishing/enu/2012/Help/02_Smoke_--_F...

If you have a Paint or Stabilizer element in your clip history, all modules that precede the Paint or Stabilizer module will not be editable. You can, however, modify the elements before the Paint or Stabilizer element by selecting the element immediately preceding the Paint or Stabilizer element in the history, and then pressing the Match hotkey to create a clip with the same history in the Source Area. You can then use the result clip from the match. The history is expandable and editable.
The duration of a clip created in the Paint module is not retained. For example, enter the Paint module with None selected, and then in the Paint module create a scene that is 30 frames. Then go into a module such as Action and make some changes. When you view the clip history and click the Paint module element, the clip will contain one frame only.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

chris north
on Nov 8, 2011 at 3:59:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I don't understand how the Paint module is missing the line I created? I can see it in the little thumbnail displayed in the history view but nothing is in the Paint module when I double click it.

The history is very simple: paint > action, so no modules are proceeding the paint.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

robert coulin
on Nov 8, 2011 at 9:15:15 pm

as you say - the history brings you into paint, but an "empty version" - Brians procedure could help, or use graphics in paint (instead of paint>canvas) & save the geometry - then you could reload the setup.

robert

robert coulin
http://www.dreamwalks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]