FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke Rendering Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stanley Little
Smoke Rendering Problem
on Oct 27, 2011 at 11:12:35 pm

Hi All, I'm new to Smoke and I only have 28 days left but I'm having a problem processing a color corrected clip. When the rendering is done I get an Pending Render message and half the clip is black.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Smoke Rendering Problem
on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:12:04 am

Odd. In the Library, do you clips say "pending render"?
Does your project have proxies or did you active "Store Local copy"

Does the clip play on the desktop before any processing?

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Stanley Little
on Oct 28, 2011 at 2:34:52 am

The clips play before any processing but I should add the tutorial clips play find after processing I'm having problems with the RED clips I imported. I'm not using proxies and I don't know if I activated Store Local Copy. Where is that setting?

Return to posts index

Hans von Sonntag
on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:16:33 am

RED clips must be fully debayered/transcoded for a meaningful use within Smoke. You can either let Smoke accomplish the debayer or you can use Red's own application RedCinePro which you can download from reduser.net in the Recon section. With this app you transcode the R3Ds to DPX (Smoke's native format) or to ProRes if storage capacity is an issue.

In your case, Smoke started the transcoding to DPX but hasn't finished yet when you started the rendering. On the timeline, however, you were able to see the whole footage. Smoke can debayer the footage on the fly but not realtime at least nit if not RedRocket is installed or the resoluiton of the debayer is set above 1/4th. For rendering the footage has to be fully transcoded.

Because debayering is very CPU hungry I advise to use the above mentioned RedCinePro to transcode the R3Ds before you use them in Smoke. As a transcoding tool RedCinePro is much more powerfull than Smoke's limited R3Ds tools.

Hans

Return to posts index

Stanley Little
on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:22:34 pm

I understand now, Thanks so much for the info :)

Return to posts index

Stanley Little
on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:09:05 pm

OK, I converted the RED clips using REDCINE to DPX now in Smoke when I click on the CC button I get UNRENDER FRAMES message. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:27:48 pm

Are you using a soft effect in the timeline? If so you need to process it to play it back properly.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Stanley Little
on Oct 28, 2011 at 9:47:57 pm

Before I can put any soft effect on the clip I get the UNRENDER FRAMES message. When I click the CC button thats when I get the message then the spinning beach ball

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]