FORUMS: list search recent posts

Propogating Clip Library changes into sequences.

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris north
Propogating Clip Library changes into sequences.
on Oct 20, 2011 at 11:46:03 am

When unlinking/resizing/formatting clips that are in the clip library, these changes do not seem to be reflected in the sequences that utilise the clips. How do I propagate the changes into the actual sequences, or must the new clips be re-edited into the sequence?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Propogating Clip Library changes into sequences.
on Oct 20, 2011 at 3:54:41 pm

At this point you would have to re-edit them in. There might be a magic EDL reconform workflow, that I am not versed in.

You can try to take your edited seq in the library, make a copy of it for safety, then do your unlinking and relinking ON the sequence. Then those clips in the sequence will be what gets relinked and reformated.

It also may depend on what you video is and why you are relinking.
There is IMPORT History, that could do the trick if you are using the Gateway and Linking to the original source media somewhere.

Even if you Stored Local, you can UNstore Local, it will link back tot he original media, you can make import adjustsments (like for RED) and the media in the sequence should also change.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

chris north
Re: Propogating Clip Library changes into sequences.
on Oct 20, 2011 at 4:42:09 pm

Thanks a lot. Tried unlinking the sequence and re-linking it and they seemed to work. Guess I am just used to being able to "batch import" on Avid or "relink media" on FCP to have a replacement file automatically update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]