FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stereo audio insert into source area

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Lai
Stereo audio insert into source area
on Sep 23, 2011 at 10:50:54 pm

Gooday to all, I am new to smoke for Mac. Would like to know on how I can insert both audio and video into source area? I have try dragging the clip from source area into timeline and the record area will lay with audio and video. But when I use the insert command (G) then only the video will be insert and not the stereo audio. Any one care to share on how to go about this?

Many thanks
Daniel

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Stereo audio insert into source area
on Sep 24, 2011 at 12:33:07 pm

This falls under design flaw, in my opinion.

You can't hotkey mono tracks to stereo tracks. Nor can you hotkey stereo tracks to mono. But as you have seen you can drag and drop.

So buy hitting the audio+ button you create mono tracks, and hitting ALT audio+ you create stereo tracks.
You just need to use the routing sliders on the left to route your audio, then you can hotkey with ease.

Under the blue popup that has Hard Commit in the center toolbar, there is a stereo merge and stero split, where you can alter the state of the audio tracks, after the fact.

Brian Mulligan
Senior Editor - Autodesk Smoke
WTHR-TV Indianapolis,IN, USA
Twitter: @bkmeditor

Return to posts index

Daniel Lai
Re: Stereo audio insert into source area
on Sep 24, 2011 at 12:52:05 pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks in advance for your prompt respond. I will give it a try right away. Hopefully can learn more in Smoke For Mac
and eventually can share it with more potential Smoke For Mac user in my country.

cheers!

daniel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]