FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to fix distortion while doing 'edit offset' in action

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andi no
how to fix distortion while doing 'edit offset' in action
on Sep 15, 2011 at 6:50:30 pm

Hi, In Action i'm trying to do 'edit offset' of a bilinear surface. i got an sample image from the internet , it's an 'exit' sign. it's just an rectangle board with the word 'exit'. But the pic/image was taken from a side angle not from frontal so it has perspective , i want to stick it onto a wall (BG). So to correct the perspective i create a bilinear surface then try to fixthe corner. I tried to 'edit offset', the corner of the board is now fixed so the perspective angle has been removed. but the sides of the board got distorted very badly. I mean all side of the rectangle (board) is not a perfect straight line but it's curved.

Any idea ?

Thanx.

Return to posts index

Barry Goch
Re: how to fix distortion while doing 'edit offset' in action
on Oct 4, 2011 at 8:16:36 pm

As I recall, edit offset is used only after doing a corner pin placement. The offset is the difference from the point on the bilinear and the tracking point closest to that corner.

Hope that helps.

Barry
Smoke ACI

Return to posts index

andi no
Re: how to fix distortion while doing 'edit offset' in action
on Oct 10, 2011 at 10:53:39 am

Thanx Barry, that's is exactly what i'm trying to do. Yes the edit offset for dealing with corner pin things. In shake/nuke there's corner pin which can do perfect job , but not in smoke.

here i downloaded the source image, just for doing a test :
http://1.imimg.com/data/W/Q/MY-645764/fire-exit-sign-left_250x250.jpg

here what i got in smoke using bilinear trying to remove the perspective angle.

See the output/result in the right side, the top and bottom edge got curved really bad. In shake/Nuke i can do the same thing and got the perfect straight line. Is this normal ? maybe the 'corner pin' feature in smoke can't do that ?? any idea ???

Thanx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]