FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke PROBLEM WITH SPACE DISK

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alvaro Iparraguirre
Smoke PROBLEM WITH SPACE DISK
on Sep 13, 2011 at 5:07:40 am

Hi. I need some help. I've been using Smoke on Mac since March and I had some troubles but with tutorials and some information in blogs, everything was fine. But in nowadays I have BIG problems...

I have to edit in Smoke two 3D movies in 2K (left and right side). I have 10 TB of hard disk, but I don't sure its not enough. One movie is only the half for the moment, and the other is complete. I've been importing the clips (DPX frames) by soft import because I think its better for the space in the disk (I'm not sure). So, the problem is that i don't hace more space. I was deleting everything that I don't use. I use the Vic for floating frames, etc etc etc. I tried with everything!

For example, the CC of the first 20 minutes of the movie, it takes me 250 gigas of the hard disk. Is it the correct amount? Is it okay?? If this is the normal way of work with Smoke, my question is... I need to buy another disk?? or maybe its better if I use the proxys? (but the proxys take more space in the hard disk, right?)
At the moment there only left 940 gigas, so the Smoke doesn't process anything.

Please, if anyone can help me.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Hiten Rudani
Re: What to do after the stone storage is formatted
on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:43:22 am

I am using Autodesk smoke 2010 on HP service station with Linux OS. I had recently formatted my stone storage. And now when i am trying to config the file system using the command sw_config the message appears that no partition found. Can anyone please help me with this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]