FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alarming rendering/processing times!

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hillary Knox
Alarming rendering/processing times!
on Aug 25, 2011 at 3:37:40 pm

My standard disclaimer: I'm pretty new to Smoke.

I've just brought an old project into Smoke to do a minor touch up. It's a 30-minute short film & all I did in this case was to apply a slight contrast increase using a color correction soft effect as a single gap effect on a layer above the content. The source media consists of about 14-15 reels of 1080p 23.976 Uncompressed 10-bit Quicktime files which I am intending to export as a master (giant) QT file of the same specs.

I'm alarmed that it looks like it's going to take about 7ish hours to process the color correction, which, I guess, is something that it doesn't seem to want to do as a Background Task. Once this Process is done, I'm less concerned about the media export time since I know *that* can be done in the Background.

I guess my big question is, is it normal/expected for a color correction Process to take so long on the type & length of media that just described?

Return to posts index

Hillary Knox
Re: Alarming rendering/processing times!
on Aug 25, 2011 at 4:09:50 pm

I think I need to learn to properly use Proxies...?

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: Alarming rendering/processing times!
on Aug 26, 2011 at 10:31:07 pm

I may be mistaken, but I think soft effects get rendered in software only. Go into action and I believe it leverages the GPU which should be much speedier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]