FORUMS: list search recent posts

Download the 30-day trial of Autodesk Smoke, now with free installation support

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc-André Ferguson
Download the 30-day trial of Autodesk Smoke, now with free installation support
on Aug 2, 2011 at 4:22:05 pm

Do you want to discover Autodesk Smoke?
You can download a fully functional 30-day trial license of Smoke. You've been able to since the software was introduced in 2009.
We really want you to take full benefit of our application, so starting today, when you download and install Smoke, you get access to free telephone tech support to get you up and running.

Download the trial version of Autodesk Smoke 2012 here.
You can find out more about Smoke's feature set here.
Join The Area, Autodesk's Users Community, and discuss with other Smoke users.
Learn Smoke by following online tutorials here : youtube.com/user/SmokeHowTo

Because we care.

Marc-André Ferguson
Smoke Industry Manager
Autodesk Media&Entertainment

Return to posts index

Corinna Canek
Re: Download the 30-day trial of Autodesk Smoke, now with free installation support
on Aug 15, 2011 at 3:51:07 pm

Hello!

We recently got Smoke on Mac and had a lot of problems with the installation of the license. Finally we solved the problem with the help of our reseller. Due to time pressure and the trouble with the license we started to work on a project with the smoke trial version.
Now after changing our license to a full license, we can not work with the old project anymore and only get red frames everywhere in the footage when opening.

It's very important for us to get access to the project because our clients requested some changes.
Is there any way to get it back?

Thx

Return to posts index

Marc-André Ferguson
Re: Download the 30-day trial of Autodesk Smoke, now with free installation support
on Aug 15, 2011 at 4:08:48 pm

Guten tag Corinna,
I'm sorry that you've encountered this problem. It's probably just a network configuration issue.
Did you get Smoke with the subscription or not?
In any case, please contact tech support, they'll have you back on your feet in no time.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=15403876&linkID...

Marc-André Ferguson
Smoke Industry Manager

Follow me on Twitter : @iluminance
Find out more about Smoke for Mac : autodesk.com/smokeformac

Return to posts index

Corinna Canek
on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:02:08 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.
What kind of configuration issue are you talking about?
I didn't set Smoke up and also just recently started using the software (2 weeks ago). So I'm still unsure about where Smoke saves all the data and everything.
I visited the website you told me, but the numbers are only for
Autodesk® Smoke® Advanced software customers.
I'm working on a Smoke for Mac and visited and signed up for the subscription centre as requested. But here I can't find any number to call...Have any more ideas? Or even the right number?

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Marc-André Ferguson
on Aug 19, 2011 at 3:47:06 pm

Hi Corinna,
Basically, when you install and start Smoke, your storage and the WiretapGateway is linked to your IP address. It sometimes forgets to reset itself to the current IP, which is why we recommend using a static IP address.
With Smoke not running, try restarting the Wiretap Gateway in the Autodesk Service Monitor. That should do the trick. If not, go ahead and contact tech support - the support page on the Autodesk website has not been updated, but Smoke for Mac users get the same support now, especially for installation and configuration issues.

Marc-André Ferguson
Smoke Industry Manager

Follow me on Twitter : @iluminance
Find out more about Smoke for Mac : autodesk.com/smokeformac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]