FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to prep "proper" EDL's for Flame?!

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
How to prep "proper" EDL's for Flame?!
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:41:37 pm

Hello Friends,

If I've got a FCP sequence with multiple composited layers and Motion renders w/out timecode etc how am I meant to prep the sequence and create EDL's for Flame?~

A friend of mine keeps getting angry Flame & Davinci guy's asking for better edl's?!

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: How to prep "proper" EDL's for Flame?!
on Jul 8, 2011 at 4:57:34 pm

I think the best way to go about it, is to ask them exactly what they want, and how they would like the EDL laid out.

Personally, I like to have EDL's laid out with each layer for a specific use. i.e. a layer for background, a layer for green screen, a layer for titles.

I reread your question, and I now see that you mention motion renders w/o TC. You have to remove those and cut in the original footage with TC.

An EDL w/o TC only gives them a reference of timings, and means they have to try and eye match the scene. The Flame and DaVinci guys are understandably angry since the EDL is missing TC.

Before sending an EDL to someone else, you should check it against your picture, to make sure you have TC, and that everything is correct. Or have your assistant do it.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]