FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gmask with alpha channel

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manos Christofakis
Gmask with alpha channel
on Jul 4, 2011 at 10:53:39 am

Hello. I am new to smoke and I have come across a problem. I enter a sequence in Action that has an Alpha channel. I want to use a gmask on it but when I draw my mask it overrides the alpha channel and uses only the mask for the alpha. Is there any way to add the gmask to the alpha channel? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance and excuse my bad english.

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Gmask with alpha channel
on Jul 4, 2011 at 1:43:57 pm

The gmask is designed to mask the alpha. It can be used to fill as well as subtract.
You get different mask results with the COLOR slider. 100% gives you white. 0% gives you black. You can also change the insideoutside toggle to "invert"

If you can screenshot and post your setup on smoke, I might get a better idea of what you are trying to do.

Return to posts index

Manos Christofakis
on Jul 4, 2011 at 2:27:01 pm

I hope this explains it better

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jul 4, 2011 at 4:17:24 pm

Great screenshots... When you enter the keyer, even though you have a matte the keyer doesn't auto use that matte, you have to tell it.

In the KEYER, select LUMINANCE form the list. Then it will use your Alpha, you can then draw your mask it is should give you lower corner like you had, but also use the matte which will give you the 'cutout' holes in that graphic.

Return to posts index

Manos Christofakis
on Jul 4, 2011 at 5:25:06 pm

Hey that was it! perfect! Thank you very much. I didn't know the other tabs in the Keyer affected the Gmask.. Could you also help me with a very basic problem I have? I haven't figured what key combinations to use in order to orbit the camera inside the action 3D viewport. I know it's stupid but I've tried everything... Thanks again :)

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:26:34 pm

Spacebar-O will set it to orbit.

If you have F$ selected then it will orbit the main camera and if autokey is on, keyframes will be made.

In 2011, they introduced the 'working' camera. I think it's Spacebar-SHIFT-F4....then you can use Spacebar-O. This will give you a free working cam so you can check things in your 3d scene without messing up or keyframing your main cam.

Return to posts index

Manos Christofakis
on Jul 5, 2011 at 12:03:10 am

Man I find Smoke to be a very interesting app, but these are some weird shortcuts. Thanx again for all your help. Never in my life have I struggled so much to find such a basic function...

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jul 5, 2011 at 1:04:22 am

On this page you download the 2011hotkey doc.... Mac & Linux. Hotkeys are helpful.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=14971548&linkID...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]