FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connecting nodes in Batch

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Ufer
Connecting nodes in Batch
on Jun 14, 2011 at 6:31:59 pm

Hey All,

I've recently watched some really helpful tutorial vids for Batch, specifically posts by the guru Grant Kay. I've noticed that in his Batch setups, he will connect nodes by clicking on the output/input of one node, then (while i assume holding some hotkey combo) click the input/output of another node and then the connection will simply appear.

I know you can "kiss" the nodes holding Shift, but that can get harry, and I HATE having to click and DRAG the connections together. Does anyone know how to connect nodes the way I saw Grant do it?

Thanks!

Rob FX

Return to posts index

Martin Chesnay
Re: Connecting nodes in Batch
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:46:25 pm

Hi Rob,

All the techniques to connect batch nodes are described here in the Connecting Nodes
topic of the Creative Finishing wiki. In Grant's case, I believe he is using the Tap-Tap technique: tap the output tab, tap the input tab, and voila! No need for modifier keys.

HTH,
martin

Return to posts index

Rob Ufer
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:41:58 pm

Thanks very much, guys!
Much appreciated.

Rob FX

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jun 14, 2011 at 8:20:34 pm

Take your node and hold shift like you were going to 'kiss' the other node. Also hold down ALT. The little connection arm will appear. You can continue to tap ALT and the arm will cycle through the various node inputs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]