FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2011 SP5 licensing nightmare.....

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Giulio Galinos
Smoke 2011 SP5 licensing nightmare.....
on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:29:33 pm

Hey there

We have just upgraded our trial to a fully licensed version... we followed the install by the book registered on Autodesk and obtained our license file. Once we finish the install and try run the app the following error occurs :

"Smoke was unable to get a license." Please ensure that your license server is running and configured with a valid license.....

We have tried many of the suggestions on the forums but no luck please help we urgently need to get this up and running to commence online sessions. Our local reseller has been of little help.

Thanks in advance
Giulio

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Smoke 2011 SP5 licensing nightmare.....
on Feb 24, 2011 at 11:40:15 pm

Hi Giulio

I take it that this is a standalone system that is not using a network license.

In any case, I suggest that you post this on the official Autodesk Smoke for Mac form so that support people can help you out there.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-smoke-for-mac-os-x/general-discussi...

Best of luck and I am sure we can get it sorted out!

Regards
Grant

Check out my Flame and Smoke blog at http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/discreetuk

Return to posts index

Carl Edwards
Re: Smoke 2011 SP5 licensing nightmare.....
on Feb 25, 2011 at 2:34:10 am

On SMAC your reseller is supposed to be your first line of support, which I still find sort of weird. BUT, they also have the power to start up a case with AD support for you.

I may be wrong about this but I believe if you do the web form the first thing that happens is it gets kicked over to the local reseller and then they can escalate it up to support. I would get on good terms with your reseller just to smooth out this part of the process. They have too large a role to play in this to be little help honestly. If they continue this way tell AD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]