FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screwed Up Output - Any thoughts?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Edwards
Screwed Up Output - Any thoughts?
on Jan 28, 2011 at 2:02:43 am

Hey Folks,

I'm getting some seriously screwed up output after moving to a Kona 3G and SMAC Ext 1 SP3 (see attached image) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

The image looks perfectly fine on the broadcast while monitoring the AJA output, but looks like that once it hits the tape. Nothing else has changed in the setup and was able to output fine from EXT 1 and Kona 3 (except for the giant exception in the next paragraph). Our Flames using the same sync, deck, tape and files can output to tape fine.

The weird thing is the smoke had the exact same issue a month or two ago in Ext.1 with the Kona 3 card and it seemed to be solved by adding more RAM? Which doesn't make any sense to me at all, but that seems to be what fixed it.

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen anything like this before? The entire tape looks like this, this is just an example frame (it's a jeep driving down a muddy trail if that helps you visualize what's going on). Autodesk was unable to fix it in three phone calls last time, so I would love some outside thoughts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]