FORUMS: list search recent posts

questions about Config, frame rate..

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
questions about Config, frame rate..
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:11:04 pm

1- What happen if a project's configuration is not available in the ''CFG Template table '' like 1080i_29.97
When this happen, i just set the parameters in the '' Resolution preset box '', is this ok ??
Also, when not using the K3 card in set up menu. The cfg template offers very few presets.

2- I have a project coming from FCP with the following settings, 1920x1080i_29.97 DF ( proresHQ )
In Smoke i have the following settings:
-Cfg Template: 1920x1080p29.97 ( interlace template was not available )
-Resolution Preset Box: 1920x1080HD 1080, 10 bit, field 1 ( this is where i tell smoke it's interlace )
After conforming the XML, i was having timing issues and i finally found out it was due to framerate mismatch
but the odd thing is that all my original media is DF ( notated as semi colon in FCP ) and my sequence is DF. But in Smoke the DF conform plays out of sync and after i convert it to NDF, everything is fine...Is this a bug otherwise anyone care explaining why.

Also when i drop the original media files ( used by the conformed XML ) onto a new timeline in smoke, the timeline is automatically set to NDF. Very strange as these media shows as DF ( semi colon ) in FCP.

Return to posts index

Carl Edwards
Re: questions about Config, frame rate..
on Jan 24, 2011 at 10:36:46 pm

Not sure if it's all one issue but the preset you are looking for for project creation is the one marked: 1920x1080@5994i.cfg. It's just referring to fields instead of frames.

Return to posts index

Armin Tanzarian
Re: questions about Config, frame rate..
on May 5, 2011 at 4:19:56 am

How is 29.97 also 5994?

Are they the exact same? If so, why call them different frame rates?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]