FORUMS: list search recent posts

deleting renders

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edd maggs
deleting renders
on Jan 6, 2011 at 2:29:59 am

Learning the crazy but fantastic world of smoke.

I have a timeline of just soft imported source clips, each with a soft effect (resize&axis) applied.

All the timeline clips have been processed and have the continuous black line.

I would like to know how to un-process/delete render/intermediates (correct term??) files.

I tried choosing the timeline clip in the library and selecting delete intermediates, it didn't have any effect.

clip/Media management in smoke seems a different beast to what I'm used to in Avid & DS.

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: deleting renders
on Jan 6, 2011 at 1:30:31 pm

One way would be when you a re still on the timeline. You can HARD COMMIT a blank top layer once all our edit is rendered. Then you can choose RENDERING from the tools and unrender and then select your edit.
This will unrender all of the soft effects under.

The intermediates function is for when you have history active... history will then delete all of the things it can rerender and just save the metadata of the effect. Freeing up the intermediate render.

Soft effects also have a COMMIT EFFECT option (timeline)... this will delete the intermediates, but no longer makes the effect soft and editiable so I never use it.

Helpful?

Return to posts index

edd maggs
on Jan 7, 2011 at 11:48:58 pm

The smoke version of a mixdown is a great tip.

The whole clip history usage, is still virgin territory for me!

I did find the unrender option in the end, but thanks for the explanations as it really helps get my head around smoke.

cheers

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:31:49 am

It does take some getting used to... but when you do, you will find it has great flexibility.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]