FORUMS: list search recent posts

deinterlacing

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
edd maggs
deinterlacing
on Dec 15, 2010 at 11:31:51 pm

Whats the best way of dealing with interlaced footage?

I've a HD timeline in a progressive HD project referencing DNxHD 180 i MXF media.

Apart from the deinterlace effect with creates new clips, I can't see any way of deinterlacing the conformed clips on the timeline.

I want to work and finish progressive.

help...

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: deinterlacing
on Dec 16, 2010 at 12:38:16 am

Not sure if the end result will look right as you footage is interlaced, but Create a black clip of 1 sec. It should be the same resolution as you project 1920x1080 progressive.

Drop it into the record area creating a new edit. Then copy your interlaced conform in to the source area, and then drop it down on the clip of black in the record area.

You should end up with a soft resize on all of your clips. Select one of the clips and enter the editor [E] on the soft resize. you can then adjust the setting to make sure your video is being processed as you would like. One of those is deinterlace and progressive. See the HELP in preferences for me details on the resize settings.

By creating the dit first with a progrssive clip of black, all other clips added to that edit will conform to that edits resolution.

Return to posts index

edd maggs
Re: deinterlacing
on Dec 16, 2010 at 1:40:14 am

Thank you kindly for those two great tips.
Smoke is a tricky beast to master.

A summary for others out there....

Creating some black at the required size and putting it on a timeline "sets" the timeline settings. A substitute for the no "new" sequence command that most editors have.

You can adjust (de-interlace) timeline clip field settings by using the Pre-processing options in the Resize timeline soft effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]