FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip History and Paint

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg gilpatrick
Clip History and Paint
on Nov 15, 2010 at 3:56:33 pm

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be no but I want to ask here just in case.

Is there a way to record Clip History when I'm painting something in Canvas mode in Paint? For instance, if I want to Wash something in a shot and paint each frame where my object is - is there a way to switch the footage out? Or, more importantly, if I were to use Reveal to clean up the output of an Action composite, is there a way that the resulting clip can retain the information about its Action set-up.

I can see that Autopaint has "Process and Create History" as an option but I don't think that allows me to paint different strokes on each individual frame, correct?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Grant Kay
Re: Clip History and Paint
on Nov 15, 2010 at 5:21:06 pm

Correct. Clip history does not save every stroke you make because it is bitmap based.

Clip history in this case saves your auto-paint stroke settings and geometries settings but never actual brush strokes.

Regards
Grant

Check out my Flame and Smoke blog at http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/discreetuk

Return to posts index

greg gilpatrick
Re: Clip History and Paint
on Nov 16, 2010 at 8:12:32 pm

Thanks Grant. That's what I figured. I'm just looking for something to replace Batch Paint in MacSmoke. Though, I was never a particular fan of Batch Paint anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]