FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Issue

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paradis Yuen
Import Issue
on Oct 14, 2010 at 5:05:58 am

My project is SD PAL. however, i need to import the footage with HD size (the original footage size is 2K)in order i can resize the clip in SD without losing quality. i have tried to import without select "resize to PAL" and keep file aspect, however, once i finished import, when i try to assemble the EDL, those clips can't being recognized. I have tried to import the clips with "resize to PAL, 4:3" format, then those clips can be recognized in the EDL. is anything i did in a wrong way? or i can't import different resolution in the timeline? Thx!

Return to posts index

Alan Maiden
Re: Import Issue
on Oct 14, 2010 at 2:22:58 pm

Hi
I believe you can only conform clips the same resolution as your project. I would suggest starting a project in the resolution of your clips, import them and conform them, then wire the conform back across into your PAL project.

Return to posts index

Zac Dych
Re: Import Issue
on Oct 19, 2010 at 3:35:15 am

Try soft importing all of the clips, then do your EDL, and Reformat the EDL to 2k or whatever your settings are. After that, the EDL conform should be normal operating procedure.

When you have confirmed all elements are in and correct, do a 'Store Local Copy'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]