FORUMS: list search recent posts

£ (Pound) symbol in action 3D text

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Brown
£ (Pound) symbol in action 3D text
on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:14:59 am

Hi Guys - hoping someone out there can help

I've got some 3D text stuff to do inside action - Basically making a big 3D price. Unfortunately (try as I might) I cannot get the £ symbol to be recognised in the 3D text tool in action. I can see the symbol on the on screen keyboard but when I press it it just says that it's an "Unsupported character" yet it seems to recognise the dollar sign fine (!). Anyone know a way around this?
Just for the record I'm on Smoke for Mac service pac 2.

Cheers

Anthony Brown
Online editor

Smoke&Mirrors @ CHI

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: £ (Pound) symbol in action 3D text
on Jun 29, 2010 at 12:39:00 pm

I see your issue. Since you are in an up ASCII mode, you have to hit the letters on the UI keyboard, not your physical keyboard.

I got your error and was able to get it to work by using the UI keyboard.

Return to posts index

Tom Tortoriello
on Jun 29, 2010 at 1:02:56 pm

Yeah, what Brian said. Use the KEYBOARD softkey in text and between SHIFT and Up ASCII, you should be able to get the character you need. Unfortunately, I have found that not all font sets have all of the characters, so if your locked into using one specific font, that could be a problem. I have gotten away with using the one "missing" character from another font set that closely resembles the one I really wanted.

Good luck! -Tommy T.

Return to posts index

Anthony Brown
on Jun 30, 2010 at 8:54:58 am

Hi Guys thanks for the help-
I have tried using the soft keyboard with a variety of different fonts but still get the same "unsupported" message.

I'm going to an autodesk event in July so I'll grill them on it then!

Thanks again

Anthony Brown
Online editor

Smoke&Mirrors @ CHI

Return to posts index

Tom Tortoriello
on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:18:08 pm

No worries Anthony!

FYI, my first session doesn't start for a little while, so I went into ACTION (Smoke 2011, SP 3) and I was able to type the "£" symbol in ACTION/3D TEXT. I used the default FONT "DISCREET", and switched it to "LuxiSans" and that worked too. There are not too many font sets loaded in this computer, so I'm limited in the amount of fonts I can try.

Let us know if you get a answer from Autodesk. -TomT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]