FORUMS: list search recent posts

About container

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paradis Yuen
About container
on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:53:00 am

Hi all, I m newies for Smoke. Just try to work out with this new software. However, i got a simple question . I m working on a SD project, i got 4 clips in my timeline, and those 4 clips are HD footage(because i need to to a manual zoom in effect). so i m wondering if i put those 4 clips into a container then i can animate the scale for the container. however, once i animate the container, it can only output the SD frame size which will be cropped if i scale it down. So how i can scale it down in a SD project with those HD footage in container without crop by the SD framesize?

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: About container
on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:07:22 pm

I don't know the structure of your timeline. Are these 4 clips in a linear row, or are they vertical on separate layers?

When you add an HD clip to an SD timeline, an automatic soft-resize gets added. If you simply add a soft axis effect, it will mute the resize and give you your full HD frame and you can do your repo/zoom.

It will still be in the SD raster. If you want to affect all of your clips with one master zoom over time, then add a new layer+ and add a GAP axis effect on the blank layer. It will then affect all of the layers below it, and you can do 1 long zoom over 4 shots.

You don't need a container at all.

Return to posts index

Paradis Yuen
on Jun 3, 2010 at 5:04:22 am

Those 4 clips in timeline a linear row and I have tried to add a GAP axis effect on the blank layer, and i try to make some keyframe to scale it down. however, if i scale it down, the picture will just like scale down the SD footage which 4 sides have black border.However, what i wanna ask is if i have use a HD footage and scale it down, there should be extra room for me to scale which won't be cropped. but i can do it if i just scale down one clip (which is HD footage). so is it mean i can't use that way to do it?

Return to posts index

Joel Osis
on Jun 3, 2010 at 11:23:12 am

use Action, if your timeline is SD you won't have the extra rez to play with your HD clips because smoke automatically adds a soft resize to your clips if they dont match the timeline dimensions,
This would be quite simple make up in Action, and as long as you have history enabled once you cut it back to the timeline all you have to do is double click on the clip to edit your setup

w: http://www.joelosis.com
e info@joelosis.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]