FORUMS: list search recent posts

10bit LOG workflow.

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Higgins
10bit LOG workflow.
on May 23, 2010 at 2:12:01 am

We are going to be building a SMOKE for OS X suite. My first question is about 10bit LOG DI workflow.

If there are any tutorials online, pertaining to 10bit LOG workflow, let me know.

If I have my DPX scans, and I import them into the desktop via and apply the 1D lut, 10logto12, as stated in the manual. Can I change those setting after import, or would I have to change the settings before. Say I wanted my gamma to be 2.2 insted of .6, would I have to do that manually before, make a new LUT, then use those settings? Do I have to do the clips 1 by 1, or can I apply LUT's to a whole folder or a whole bunch of folders?

So say I used the the 1D luts to do a 10bitLOG to 12bitLIN, would I then be able to apply a 3D viewer LUT without any image degradation?

My next question is about FCP/SMOKE on one box.

From the current manual.

About Smoke For Mac OS X
Autodesk® Smoke® for Mac OS® X was created in part to facilitate the integration of Autodesk Smoke in an Apple® Final Cut Pro® environment by allowing users to use both applications on the same workstation, with the added benefit of it being able to import Apple ProRes in Smoke.

So the current SMOKE for OS X runs on AJA drivers are 7.1, but AJA Kona3 drivers are 7.5. If Autodesk is serous about working with FCP and making this statement valid, don't you think the drivers should be up to 7.5. The only work around I know is to have two stations on a network, one with FCP and 7.5 drivers and the SMOKE station with 7.1 drivers? Are they working on a AJA 7.5 Driver version?

Thank You.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]