FORUMS: list search recent posts

another newbie question

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Procopio
another newbie question
on Mar 2, 2010 at 6:55:09 pm

how do i install flash for firefox? i can't even open autodesk's website correctly without it....

Red Hat Enterprise OS, XW9400

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: another newbie question
on Mar 4, 2010 at 1:09:00 am

It can't be as easy was going to Adobe.com and downloading the Flash Plugin for Firefox on linux? Can it?

Return to posts index

Joe Procopio
on Mar 4, 2010 at 2:03:09 pm

i have the plugin, i have to manually install it, it will not install automatically like on windows or mac machines, the RPM is on the desktop, I followed some instructions to install RPM but it didn;t recognize the file...

if it was as easy as clicking the download on the website, i NEVER would have asked this....i'm not new to computers, just Linux Red Hat

Broadway Video, NYC
AVID/FCP editor/engineer

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Mar 4, 2010 at 2:41:58 pm

Installation instructions for .rpm
Click the download link to begin installation. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the file.
Save the .rpm file to your desktop and wait for the file to download completely.
In terminal, navigate to the desktop and type # rpm -Uvh . Click Enter. (Note: This must be done as a root user). in shell type SU (enter) then your password (enter)

The installer will instruct you to shut down your browser(s).
Once the installation is complete, the plug-in will be installed in your Mozilla browser. To verify, launch Mozilla and choose Help > About Plug-ins from the browser menu.

From Installation instructions on the Adobe site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]