FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Lustre Coming too?

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Jonathan
Is Lustre Coming too?
on Feb 15, 2010 at 9:22:53 pm

I just talked with some Autodesk reps, and they said Autodesk just fired their entire Lustre team except for a few people. This means that Autodesk has either said, "this is as good as lutre can get," or they are going to integrate it with something like SMOKE.

Does anything think this is going to happen? I think smoke is great, but it could use the Lustre CC tools to make it a super app.

Lustre/Smoke for MAC! Wow, that would rule!

Return to posts index

Stephane Labrie
Re: Is Lustre Coming too?
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:06:18 pm

What!?! We are always the ones that know the last ;)

That's not true. Who is "some Autodesk Rep"?

Stephane Labrie
Lustre product designer

Return to posts index

John Jonathan
on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:36:02 pm

He works out of a westcoast office, maybe I shouldn't say who it is, so he doesn't get in trouble. He seemed pretty sure though? Said most of the developers where laid off, but the face staff, some, was still on.

Well if you work for Autodesk and develop Lustre, is it coming to a Mac? It needs too, SMOKE is great, but it needs a LUT builder and full color correction. I test drove some demos, loved it, but I guess I want tools in Lustre a bit more then SMOKES finishing capabilities.

Return to posts index

Stephane Labrie
on Feb 16, 2010 at 9:00:32 pm

Well, give him a phone call and let him know we are working hard full staff on the next releases of Lustre ;)

Lustre currently runs on Windows and Linux. On Linux, you can also have Smoke and Flame on the same workstation. If you are looking for connectivity, it is possible to share data from a Smoke on OS X and Lustre on Win/Linux through Wiretap, our client-server application for cross-network collaboration. Just ask any Autodesk rep or visit http://www.autodesk.com/lustre for more details.

Have a nice Lustre day!!!

Stephane Labrie
Lustre product designer
Autodesk

Return to posts index

John Jonathan
on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:56:07 pm

Yeah, we talked about that with the REP, but Lustre, for the price, makes us start to look at other tools like Baselight4, and for the price Baselight is pretty amazing. If you guys dropped Lustre down to 15k, or even 20k, no doubt, but right now, at the Lustre Prices I have found, there is some stiff competition.

Return to posts index

Stephane Labrie
on Feb 19, 2010 at 12:14:54 pm

Competition is good!

If you have any questions about Lustre feel free to post them here, unless one of you guys want to start a forum dedicated to Lustre ;)

Stephane Labrie
Lustre product designer
Autodesk

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Feb 23, 2010 at 9:12:49 am

[John Jonathan] "is it coming to a Mac?"

It seems without SDI monitoring it would be useless and SDI daughtercard for nVidiia is not supported under Mac OS X. In case monitoring is done via Kona Lustre would be slow so useless again.

Return to posts index

Rory Hinds
on Mar 29, 2010 at 12:09:28 am

but nVidia now have control over their drivers for Mac so they can write a driver for the SDI board and you could get it running on Mac.

Come on Lustre, bring high-end grading to the Mac and drop the price to a reasonable price point.
Pretty please :-)

Rory Hinds
mine
http://www.minefilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]