FORUMS: list search recent posts

bags

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cory tardy
bags
on Jan 29, 2010 at 6:57:41 pm

What would the best tool be to remove bags from under the eyes on the smoke?

Thanks

Cory

Return to posts index

Javier Leon
Re: bags
on Jan 29, 2010 at 7:29:48 pm

i think you need a combination of tools, paint, some compositing ext. bi-cubic. etc and tracking

Javier Leon
VFX / Flame Artist

Return to posts index

Tom Tortoriello
on Jan 30, 2010 at 2:44:51 am

It really is case dependent, Ie: tight shot? medium? lighting? how bad? How much motion? I have had good luck pulling a key based on the area of skin, garbage masking (and tracking the mask), then add a slight gaussian blur (you can use the transparency to control amount over base layer too). You can also move your FRONT axis in ACTION to use a "different part of the face" (once again, scene dependent). The addition of some color correction could be helpful too. I try not to roto multiple frames, as I find it's almost impossible to avoid animating paint strokes (you know, when you play it back and it "dances" all over the place), but I suck at painting. I might try to paint 1 frame to use as a element though (degrain & regrain if need be).

Obviously, SD is much more forgiving than HD. Obviously, remove any pulldown ( if source is NTSC or 1080i), because you want to work without any 3/2PD, if 1080P, no worries. I too would like to hear from other artist to get some ideas. Anyone use a Spark to help out the process?????

Good Luck! -Tom T. ( BTW......are you done yet :-0 )

Return to posts index

Manuel Rastrollo
on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:34:35 am

I'm agree with, this is the best option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]