FORUMS: list search recent posts

ridiculous

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
ridiculous
on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:09:04 pm

I know it is ridiculous; but I am trying to get Smoke going on an older MBP. Not to do any work on it but to install the trial version and take an online intro class.

My setup:
MBP 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo
GPU-ATY,RadeonX1600
OS 10.6.2
2 G RAM
Cal Digit VR external FW 800 RAID 0
1920x1080 capable monitor connected by DVI

Is this an absolute no go? Speed or before are not of concern as long as Smoke functions enough to give me a intro to it.

Thanks for any help/

Return to posts index

Tom Tortoriello
Re: ridiculous
on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:55:51 pm

I'm NOT trying to flame (pun kind-of intended), but while your laptop is better than mine (sadly I'm still using a Powerbook G4), it is not enough computer to run the Smoke for Mac software. I know your only trying to demo it, but I think the ONLY criteria you meet is the OSX. Besides, you need a min. 1920xI200 screen to see the full GUI. I wouldn't call that ridiculous. -Tom

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=12694141

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Jan 27, 2010 at 2:01:44 am

Your right Tom. By ridiculous I meant; is it a ridiculous idea to think that somehow I can make a system that is woefully short of published specs work. I haven't seen a minimum system requirements list to get it to work so I though maybe it just might work enough to poke around in the demo for a bit.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jan 27, 2010 at 1:04:47 am

The Radeon Card is probably your biggest issue. You really need Nvidia for Smoke.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]