FORUMS: list search recent posts

Perm License-Mac

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Lederman
Perm License-Mac
on Jan 25, 2010 at 4:14:27 pm

Having issue installing our permanent license for Smoke on Mac. Going to Applications/Autodesk/Smoke2010/Utilities/License Wizard.app. Copy / Paste license. Accepts license. Boot up Smoke. Get warning that license expires at the end of this week..... We called support, but they had us look for a path that the Mac does not see, unless there is user error, which is quite possible.

Any help out there?

-Rob Lederman
North Avenue Post

Rob Lederman
Sr. Smoke Editor / Compositor
North Avenue Post
rob@northavenuepost.com

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
Re: Perm License-Mac
on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:15:35 pm

As you may know, the traditional path in IRIX/Linux is...

/usr/local/flexlm/licenses/DL_license.dat

You can open up that file and paste you new license in... save and launch Smoke.

Not sure if the MAC path and setup is the same.

Perhaps it's still seeing your old temp license still... I assume your perm license isn't dated and says 1-jan-0

Return to posts index

Rob Lederman
on Jan 25, 2010 at 7:32:54 pm

Brian,
Thanks for the response. Spoke to suppost.... On Mac, there is an "App for that" that does install the new license, but does not remove the old one... We ended up opening up the terminal and doing it the old fashioned way.... Support did say, however, that going about it the "App" way, does work. That it will use the new license once the old one expires.... I did not want to take that chance....

Rob Lederman
North Avenue Post
rob@northavenuepost.com

Return to posts index

Brian Mulligan
on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:04:17 pm

Funny. When I had temp licenses and perm licenses, I just keep adding them to my license.dat file. But the latest on say a perm lic, would always superceed the temps or even expired temps.

Basically, i just kept adding the licenses to the file and never deleted them.

Seems stupid that it still reads the temp license until it expires and not the perm license.

So via the terminal did you simply edit the license.dat file?

Return to posts index

Rob Lederman
on Jan 25, 2010 at 9:26:10 pm

That is exactly what I did, and it worked fine.... I was also kind of surprised to find the temp supercede, but I guess that until the temp expires, it sees no reason to move on....

Rob Lederman
North Avenue Post
rob@northavenuepost.com

Return to posts index

Chris Hanson
on Jan 28, 2010 at 3:18:26 pm

Seems a bit dangerous to me. If there's a problem with the perm lic file, you won't find out until the temp expires. Wouldn't want that happening at midnight on a Friday !
cheers
chris.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]