FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP editor turning to smoke

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt shires
FCP editor turning to smoke
on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:14:15 am

Hi All,

I'm an FCP editor but wanting to go more towards finishing, grading work for the future, would Smoke be recommended for me to learn and just what are the best ways to go about if so?

Many Thanks in advance.

Matt

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: FCP editor turning to smoke
on Aug 27, 2009 at 4:32:36 pm

I would recommend learning Smoke, but then again I am a little biased. I did the classroom training offered by Autodesk, and it was great! Definitely worth the money in my opinion. But, we had just bought a Smoke at the time, so after I was done with the week long class, I was able to work on the Smoke afterward. If you just take a class for a week, and don't use a Smoke again for months, you will slowly forget all that you have learned.

So, I think it depends on your situation. Do you have access to a Smoke now?

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Paul Carlin
on Sep 5, 2009 at 8:50:52 pm

And Moody was one of my best students!

You can't go wrong learning Smoke. Moody is correct, if you don't have an opportunity to get hands on then it wont stick. Work your way into a facility that has a smoke and go from there.

- Paul

Return to posts index

juan prado
on Oct 10, 2009 at 12:59:24 pm

I´m thinking a lot about to begin a master,seven months, of flame and smoke.I have many doubts appart from the price,it´s quite expensive, in the unique school in Madrid that you can learn it, about the possibility of use this software when I finish the course.My opinion about the professionasl who work with flame,smoke is that is a very close world.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on Nov 11, 2009 at 5:55:31 pm

Hey Mat, I am in the same boat as you. I see that "offline" editing has become a commodity and the ability to make a living at it is dwindling. I have been thinking of shifting into more of a finishing editor and see smoke as a fantastic tool. Learning it is quiet a challenge though. The dilemma, go get training and then say "I have training" can I have a job or get a job in a facility that has one (easier said than done) and learn it that way. Keep in touch on your search and maybe we can help each other out.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]