FORUMS: list search recent posts

help

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Mc Cormack
help
on Aug 12, 2009 at 9:28:53 pm

Hi
I am hoping that someone can help. I have just connected up an older smoke system 2008 service pak5 on a Tezro and I am having a problem getting it to launch.
Th machine comes up fine and when i launch smoke from a shell it runs thru its routine and then returns the error
I/O error-6
When i try to run the SW_config command it returns the same error.

I had a friend check it out over the web and he feels that the system drive is damaged and may need to be replaced.
I was wondering if anyone may be able to help with repairing the drive via a utility or directory repair ala disk warrior or is there something else i am missing to not have to reinstall all the software .
Hope someone can help
thanks
spike

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: help
on Aug 12, 2009 at 10:05:00 pm

Ouch.

So, unix is running fine, but Smoke won't launch? I would get a second opinion, unless you completely trust your friend's technical skills. I'm not sure where you are at, but you could call Autodesk or a local reseller and try and get some help.

But, if it is a defective HD, then you will need to get a new one, unless you have one handy. Then you could try and go to one of those places that does data recovery. I would hope that they might be able to make a clone of the drive to a new drive and that might work. Personally, I've never had much success with data recovery.

Sorry if I'm not much help.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Paul Carlin
Re: help
on Sep 5, 2009 at 8:56:54 pm

Sounds like the connections to the drive are suspicious. Check the connectors. You might want to give specifics about your hardware.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]