FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke 2009

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bauer
Smoke 2009
on Dec 5, 2008 at 11:36:06 pm

I've taught myself Smoke 2007, then 2009. I work back-up, part-time.
When working on projects, I'll pull an old version, edit new footage into spot, and
into action for layering. Twice I've accidentally done something where all the layers in
the action go to desktop (in a new folder if I recall). How do you do this on purpose.
Sometimes I need to extract text from action to desktop for revision.

Also in 2009 I can't find keyframes for crop in animation, so I end up resetting crop in action to change new crop for revision.

Thanks

Chris Bauer

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: Smoke 2009
on Dec 6, 2008 at 12:42:01 am

In animation, the crop keyframes are under media. So, if you want to change the crop keyframes for media layer 2, you open up animation, then open up media, and in there you will see setting for the bg and all you media layers. Open up media layer 2 and you will find the crop settings. (Also, softness, slip and i think shadow)

I'm dont know a key stroke that would save all you action layers to the desktop. But you could send your action clip to the timeline, open up it's history, then click on the layer you need, and hit match. (At least that is what I have been doing....)

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Chris Bauer
on Dec 6, 2008 at 12:50:29 am

Thanks so much

I'm usually on my own.

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Dec 6, 2008 at 1:05:07 am

I know how you feel...

I'm all alone here too... Well, I'm surrounded by FCP noobs, but I think that counts as being alone.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

chee keong hiu
on Dec 9, 2008 at 11:23:13 am

i'm using 2008, but for your 'layers go to the desk' question, i think 2008 and 2009 is the same.

in preference, look for a button name something like 'Keep the imtermediate result' under 'module/soft effect' menu. If this is turn on, when you load a history for re-edit, and if the layer that used in the composite is not already on the desk, then it will load it to the desk.

ckeong
my autodesk smoke tips & tricks
http://mysmoke.blogspot.com

Thanks
Ckeong

Return to posts index

Chris Bauer
on Dec 9, 2008 at 5:16:40 pm

Ckeong,
I will try it next week, when I work
I'll let you know
Thank
Chris Bauer

Return to posts index

Tsm Rafi
on Feb 26, 2009 at 6:39:07 pm

I too have found my clips which are inside BFX are suddenly copied onto my desktop. I don't know how.

But if you want to do that you shall go
inside Setup of your BFX under the Rendering heading you will find a button "Clips to Desk". Click it and it will you give you the clips in the desk.

But at those times which I found my clips in the desktop, I am damn sure that I didn't even go near that button. So something else also brings it to the desktop. I have to find it.

Cheers
Tsm Rafi
Smoke 2009 Ext.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]