FORUMS: list search recent posts

Announcement FEC - 100 sparks - $997

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter mcauley
Announcement FEC - 100 sparks - $997
on Oct 3, 2008 at 6:34:09 pm

Hello,

I just thought I'd let any of the readers of this forum know that for a limited time you can purchase the entire FEC 5 sparks package, which contains over 100 individual unique effects filters for Autodesk Smoke (or Flame) systems for $998. You can download a free trial at http://www.borisfx.com/product/final_effects/fec/sparks/

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: Announcement FEC - 100 sparks - $997
on Oct 3, 2008 at 9:10:41 pm

Wow!
Nice deal! Other spark package cost upwards of $10k!!!

moody glasgow
editing.compositing.design

Return to posts index

Victor Gonzalez
on Oct 7, 2008 at 4:56:15 pm

hi, do you know if the offer might include sparks for Flint?

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Oct 7, 2008 at 5:55:54 pm

The Sparks package should work for both Smoke/Fire and Flint/Flame/Inferno systems.

moody glasgow

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 7, 2008 at 6:04:17 pm

And the pricing is the same for all of these hosts, whether it's flint, flame, inferno or smoke.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

chee keong hiu
on Oct 7, 2008 at 10:51:14 pm

the effect here quite similar with sapphire and speedsix, so if you already have the two, no need FEC.

autodesk smoke tips & tricks
http://mysmoke.blogspot.com

Thanks
Ckeong

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Oct 8, 2008 at 4:24:42 am

Yeah but Sapphire is much more expensive then FEC...

moody glasgow

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 8, 2008 at 8:05:58 pm

So yes, there is indeed a substantial difference in the price schemes between FEC and the competition but additionally there are many effects in the FEC package that are quite unique, such as Ball Action, Bubbles, Drizzle, Hair, Mr Mercury, Snow etc etc. Some very handy organic looking particle systems that can be used to create some really interesting graphics and effects.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

chee keong hiu
on Oct 9, 2008 at 7:07:51 am

sapphire & speedsix are much expensive in smoke and eQ, is it because of quantel and autodesk charging them license fees ?
i think when there are in fcp or after effect, is much more cheaper.

are u sure the FEC are same price for all platform include quantel and smoke ?

speedsix is cheaper than sapphire

autodesk smoke tips & tricks
http://mysmoke.blogspot.com

Thanks
Ckeong

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 9, 2008 at 2:32:43 pm

Hi,

Autodesk does not charge "Sparks" developers exorbitant or grossly large fees to become part of the Autodesk developer network; there is a fee but it's not outrageous. Autodesk has nothing to do with the price scheme that is charge by developers for sparks - this is set by the business model of the developer. Nor does Autodesk get any money from developers for the sparks licenses that are issued by developers for their sparks products to end users - all of the money that is paid for a Sparks license by an end user goes either in full to the developer or some sort of split between the reseller and the developer.

The FEC product is currently on a special experimental pricing structure which means that the user can pay the same price for FEC sparks on any supported Autodesk host on the Linux platform be that Flint, Flame, Smoke or Inferno. That price is US$997. The free trial period for this product is 60 days, without watermark. So that's 100 sparks for free for 60 days, after which time you can purchase them for US$997. I think it's a very fair deal and matchless in this market sphere.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Oct 9, 2008 at 4:22:27 pm

Just for reference, Sapphire costs between $6k - $14k.... Depending on whether you are running Smoke, Flint, Flame or Inferno. And for Smoke they charge $6k for the SD 2-core version and $10k for the HD 4 or 8 core version....
http://www.genarts.com/purchase-sapphire-sparks.html
I don't know why sparks cost so much, for basically the same thing you get in FCP or AE.
I'm very excited that FEC is a reasonable price, I just have to convice the bean counters to let me buy.

moody glasgow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]