FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML from FCP with p2 Footage to Smoke 2008

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos De Jesus
XML from FCP with p2 Footage to Smoke 2008
on Mar 11, 2008 at 7:25:58 pm

Hello:

We are having the following situation when we try to import an XML created by FCP 5.0 to the smoke.

When we load the XML to the Smoke 2008 the Clip name and the file name will be blank and Smoke will ask us to Capture the files and using a reel name "P2 Import" .

It will recognize all graphics from the xml with its file name clip name and path correctly But all of the mov's that were original p2 files will not be recognize.

We try changing the reel name replacing the "P2 Import" name for the file name in a text editor to each of the mov's in the xml file and then smoke will not ask us for re-capture but we have to select each of the file so that smoke can recognize the path.

Any help what are we doing wrong..

Thanks....

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: XML from FCP with p2 Footage to Smoke 2008
on Mar 12, 2008 at 12:49:50 pm

http://support.discreet.com/webboard/wbpx.dll/~systems-news

One of the moderators here may reply directly to your question, but the link is to the smoke webboard where many talented smoke artists can respond to your question. I believe you can sign on as a guest one time, but you will have to join, using your system serial number, etc. Joining is a good thing. P2 to smoke is challenging and there already may be an answer in the archives. Best of luck.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS3
Charlotte Public Television
del underscore edits at wtvi dot org

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Mar 13, 2008 at 9:15:56 pm

I have some P2 footage lying around on our XSAN that I am messing around with so I can get an exact workflow for you.

moody glasgow
smoke artist / editor

Return to posts index

Carlos De Jesus
on Mar 15, 2008 at 12:15:33 pm

We found out that when exporting the xml using an old version like 1 or 2 we will have trouble with the import on smoke. We took the project which it was from a final cut pro version 5 open it in a final cut pro version 5.1 export the xml using the version 3 of the export and walaaa the smoke 2008 import all of the files with the original names timecode and correct path.. the problem was exporting the xml with an older version of the xml export.

Return to posts index

Javier Mendez Karam
on Jun 4, 2008 at 3:37:38 pm

Carlos:

You also need to know that P2 footage is supported natively on Smoke 2009 and if you are under subscription you can just download it an request you license. It will let you open all the P2 files that you need without converting them inside of your FCPro.

Return to posts index

Antony Mathew
FCP with DvcPro HD 50 Footage to Smoke 2008
on Aug 25, 2010 at 7:18:26 pm

Can any one help...i have edited material in FCP using DvcPro HD 1080i (50) and i exported xml for smoke, but when imported in smoke it shows 1440 x 1080 only, and my monitor out is with pillar box. how can i get a full HD resolution (1920x1080) in smoke???. Both FCP and smoke looking into same storage.

Return to posts index

Isaac Ruiz
Re: FCP with DvcPro HD 50 Footage to Smoke 2008
on Aug 26, 2010 at 2:43:42 pm

You can take make some bars or solid with the resolution you want, in this case 1920x1080,choose your settings (fps,10 or 8 bit, progresive or interlace, etc). in a new timeline drop that bars or solid. Now that timeline is set to that resolution when you drop your editing the resize tool is going to activate. Choose your srtting there, letterbox, fill, etc... Another thing you can do if you have the footage already in the smoke go to the library choose your xml-tools-Reformat.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]