FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVI-ramp problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
forilou
DVI-ramp problem
on Jan 28, 2008 at 6:57:35 pm

Hi moody

it's Mathieu. I finally install smoke witch is running good now. my problem is with miranda. I install a 24' monitor at 1920x1154. when plug via the miranda (DVI to miranda and miranda to BNC to VGA monitor) there is resize on the screen I can't fix. When I plug the DVI out directly on monitor DVI there is no issu but I lost my Broadcast monitor....

Any solution?

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
Re: DVI-ramp problem
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:19:37 pm

Hey Mathieu,

Have you tried running the monitor at 1280x1024? I'm pretty sure that is the default resolution to run your version of Smoke in. I've heard there is a way to get that version of Smoke to run on a widescreen monitor, but I've never tried it.

moody glasgow
smoke artist / editor

Return to posts index

forilou
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:34:32 pm

I tried and same small resize problem...When I check the init.config, this is the SDM sony enable...

Can't understand...

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Jan 29, 2008 at 10:53:37 pm

Can you send me the model name and number of the monitor AND also the config files you are using for the monitor? I think it is in /etc/X11/xorg.conf

thanks

moody glasgow
smoke artist / editor

Return to posts index

forilou
on Jan 30, 2008 at 4:00:27 pm

Hi moody

my monitor is not a discreet certified one, because we can't find them anymore (Sony SDM et GDM). My only choose was the EIZO but at 2500$ it's overkill for us. So we have Samsung synmaster 245 BW. He is almost like the Eizo in term of resolution and refresh rate

In fact I'm sur the config of the miranda need to set to meet the x, y coordinate of the EIZO monitor. EIZO is 24' too. I'll check this option.

Is there any driver update for FX 3000 G? I have an issue with the DVI out. My pain is not finished...

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Jan 30, 2008 at 6:01:04 pm

Hey Mathieu,
Any drivers you need should be on on the installation disks. I know there are drivers and any flash updates you would need would be on those disks.
Have you had a chance to look at the xorg.conf file? If could send it me, I could take a look at it and just double check it.

moody glasgow
smoke artist / editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]