FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hard comimit entire timeline w/o merging clip - IE selecting all clips w/o cuts....

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin
Hard comimit entire timeline w/o merging clip - IE selecting all clips w/o cuts....
on Feb 7, 2007 at 2:24:49 am

Sorry for the somewhat cryptic topic - just trying to make it short and readable...

I am currently using smoke 2k 2007 and was wondering if it was possible to do the following....

select a large range IE start to finish, without selecting the cuts.

The reason I ask this is because if you select the entire timeline of clips (vision) it includes the cuts, then when you hardcommit it makes it one big clip... where as I want it to keep the clips as individual.

The only option I have found is to manually control click the clips (something I don't want to do as there are 100+ clips).

thoughts/suggestions?

Return to posts index

jugeras
Re: Hard comimit entire timeline w/o merging clip - IE selecting all clips w/o cuts....
on Feb 7, 2007 at 6:06:02 pm

not sure - try filter select

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Hard comimit entire timeline w/o merging clip - IE selecting all clips w/o cuts....
on Feb 7, 2007 at 7:26:47 pm

Your basic cuts are already effectively hard committed so you don't need to do those. Only soft efx or history effects need committing. You can do that by selecting filter, then select the soft efx you want to commit. Then select on lower left corner as usual. Then turn off filter, then use "commit effect" and those will become hard committed.

Is that what you're trying to do?

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

BKM
by
on Feb 8, 2007 at 5:40:26 pm

The one click solution for you is to "Merge Layers". It's under the same blue popup as hard commit. It will take your edit (all layers) and hard commit it and place it above (on a new layer)everything else. There are options in the preferences menu for simple and complex layer merge. I think you want it on simple.

BKM

Return to posts index

Justin
on Feb 8, 2007 at 10:14:06 pm

thx for the repsonse all, filtering seems to be working (still playing around)...

Have yet to tinker around with merging yet...

cheers and thx again...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]