FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kraj
Audio Problems
on Dec 29, 2006 at 11:59:52 pm

I am brand new to Smoke. Our system is 7.0.6 Linux on an IBM Intellistation pro. I am doing very basic editing right now adding audio tags to syndicated promos like Seinfeld. There may be a bug in the audio and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. We are having intermittent audio problems when we use three tracks of audio. Audio 1 and 2 are from the promo (panned left and right) while audio 3 is the announcer tag. I adjust the pan on audio 3 to the center but somehow it pans to the left channel and audio 4's output changes mysteriously from M2 to M4. I reset the audio output of 4 to M2 and center the pan on M3 but when outputing the clip the audio for 3 would be panned to the left again. I was able to get around this problem by copying audio 3 to audio 4 and panning them left and right. Is the audio in Smoke stereo pairs? Are they mono discreet?.
Is there a way to group audio 1 and 2 so if I cut audio 1 it also cuts audio 2 in the same place so I don't have to make the cut twice. Thanks.

Return to posts index

BKM
Re: Audio Problems
by
on Dec 31, 2006 at 4:40:17 pm

Just because I am probably old school, I have always duplicated my audio into stereo pairs, and panned L-R and channels are changed to output 1&2 for the mix. So I am not sure if what you are expereincing is a bug or ot, I doubt it.

You can do a Shift-cut which will cut all track at the positioner point. So you might want to lock the channels you don't want cut.

BKM

Return to posts index

Mike Kraj
Re: Audio Problems
on Jan 2, 2007 at 11:12:08 pm

Thanks for the information especially the shift cut tip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]