FORUMS: list search recent posts

has anyone been successful in remote controlling Smoke using desktop sharing + viewing monitor Q...

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
justin
has anyone been successful in remote controlling Smoke using desktop sharing + viewing monitor Q...
on Nov 24, 2006 at 1:35:01 am

Hey guys,

I know this may sound kind of wierd but has anyone attempted and succeeded in remote controlling smoke from another system?

I am trying to use remote/shared desktop to allow me to VNC into the smoke to set stuff off...

Currently I am able to VNC in and control the desktop, but as soon as I launch smoke (I can see it) the mouse buttons don't work (though I can move the cursor around).

My other question is regarding the monitoring: currently the only way I am able to view any of my clips at full res is to have it set up as a full viewer on my system monitor.

Is there any way to set it up so that the broadcast monitor displays the clip/timeline that is being worked on as full screen?

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: has anyone been successful in remote controlling Smoke using desktop sharing + viewing monitor Q...
on Nov 28, 2006 at 2:13:05 pm

I'm not sure if this is what you are trying to do, but Smoke is able to be controlled as a virtual VTR on a clip in Output Clip by turning on the emulator. Select the clip to be output, then select Emulator and control it via RS422 as a slave to the master device. You need to specify whether it is 525 or 625 when you set it up in DLCFG. See the manual for more information. It works. Our video server can control smoke and ingest clips rather than laying off to tape and sneaker-netting to Master Control.

Q2: You should be able to pick off the graphic feed to your smoke monitor and send it to the B or C input of your broadcast monitor. It may take an RGB converter or the monitor may be able to take it directly. This will allow the A input to work normally and change to the alternate input to see the timeline, etc.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Borjis
Re: has anyone been successful in remote controlling Smoke using desktop sharing + viewing monitor Q...
on Nov 29, 2006 at 12:24:28 am

I almost installed vnc on our smoke years ago but chickened out since our service contract expired and I didn't need any unexpected problems from the system.

Though I suspected that it wouldn't work that well. looks like it was true from your description.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]