FORUMS: list search recent posts

Output to HD

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jhmcf2
Output to HD
on Oct 11, 2006 at 1:06:46 am

I have both FCP and a Discreet Smoke to output to HD. When I output from the Smoke I am getting a Purple Signal. I don't think it is the HD Deck because I can output from FCP without a problem. Any ideas on what may be causing this purple signal?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Output to HD
on Oct 11, 2006 at 2:51:29 pm

Are you using the same connections or different? Are you using the same reference to smoke as to the HD Deck? Give us a few more details and we could help more.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

jhmcf2
on Oct 11, 2006 at 4:42:41 pm

The reference and connections are all the same. I checked all the internal settings on the HD Deck and they appear to be accurate. I was thinking that there may be a Video Preference in the Software that I may be missing.

Return to posts index

Chris Hanson
on Oct 12, 2006 at 1:03:00 pm

Are you feeding the smoke with proper tri-level sync ? The Linux smoke's need proper TLS even when running at 25fps. Dont know if this would cause the purple colouration though.

cheers
chris

Return to posts index

BKM
by
on Oct 13, 2006 at 1:53:42 am

I have had this on SD as well. On my Octane 2 I would get this pink digital hue on output when the VBOB was acting up due to some reason. Regualr monitoring would be fine. Ususally a reboot of the VBOB and SGI would fix it.

Not sure if Linux acts the same way... or if this even helps.

Brian

Return to posts index

steve997
on Oct 14, 2006 at 5:25:58 am

Hi,
One possibility perhaps:

On the smoke, you have options to output in 4:4:4 and 4:2:2.
In the output menu, go to the engineering sub-menu and check that it is set for 4:2:2 and YUV-RGB conversion.

Although it's not the same, I have seen purple looking video on input clip when trying to capture material on the HDCam SR which is 4:4:4 recorded and your settings are 4:2:2.

Regards,
Steve

Return to posts index

jhmcf2
on Oct 15, 2006 at 11:36:50 pm

Thanks all,

I changed the output settings and that seemed to fix the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]