FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid DS to smoke transition

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Hanson
Avid DS to smoke transition
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:57:55 pm

Hi all,
There are quite a few Avid DS systems in use here in South Africa which are getting a bit long in the tooth :-) We would like to move these users onto the smoke / flint platform but their biggest concern is how quickly their existing artists would adapt to the smoke UI.
Do any of you "real world" users have any success / horror stories you could share with us if you've worked with both smoke and DS ?
I'd really appreciate any constructive input.
Cheers
Chris Hanson
Touchvision - South Africa.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Avid DS to smoke transition
on Aug 17, 2006 at 4:23:46 pm

There are those who could help you Chris, but most of those are monitoring the Discreet Advanced Systems forums @ AME Discreet.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Angus
on Aug 29, 2006 at 9:01:05 am

Hey Chris,

I made the leap from Symphony to Smoke which, arguably, is a more difficult transition than DS>>Smoke. Prob's the most difficult thing is getting your head around the fundmental architectural differences, once you've got that nailed you're pretty much on easy street. I was amazed at how straight-forward the move was, it should hold no fears for any decent opperator

Angus

Return to posts index

moodyglasgow
on Sep 5, 2006 at 9:08:28 pm

Anyone know how hard it would be to go from Smoke to Symphony or Nitris DS? I have a background of 8 years as an Avid editor, but that was pre-Adrenline, so I am familiar with Avid and how Media Composer works. I'm just wondering how difficult going to Avid for finishing will be.

thanks

moody glasgow
smoke artist / editor

Return to posts index

angus
on Sep 13, 2006 at 9:15:02 am

Hi Moody,

sorry, hadn't noticed this post untill now. If you've done extensive Avid work Symphony will be a breeze. As long as the work isn't effects heavy Symphony is an excelent long form finishing tool. Havn't used DS but as you have both Smoke and Avid experience I'd think that you'll be up to speed with it pretty quick.

BTW, are you Glasgow based? I worked there myself for five years

Angus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]