FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smoke and OMF

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
J
Smoke and OMF
by
on Jul 21, 2006 at 7:53:31 pm

Okay, here is my thing. We are considering to buy a Smoke system and now we hear from several sides that export a OMF and use that OMF to do the audio finishing isn't working.

Can somebody tell me if this works and how does things work with level changes and pans?

Best,

J

Return to posts index

stephane labrie
Re: Smoke and OMF
on Jul 22, 2006 at 1:15:35 am

Hi J

Return to posts index

J
by
on Jul 25, 2006 at 1:03:47 pm

We have ask some other Smoke 7 user to create a OMF and we tried to open it in Protool 7 and we got an error . We just send it over to both companies and Autodesk told us that there is a problem (don't know what) so guess I found a bug without having the system.
We consider to create a Smoke / Protools workflow but it seems that there are some exchange problems, is there somebody out there who give his/her experience about that workflow?

Thanks for you support.

Best,

J

Return to posts index

stephane labrie
on Jul 26, 2006 at 1:05:34 am

Hi J

Return to posts index

J
by
on Jul 27, 2006 at 4:57:19 pm

No answers from Avid. I did get a message from Autodesk. "There seems to be a problem with the export", well I guess I'm the one that give them that "news".

So I guess they need to get us at least the AV Transfer for free when we consider to buy.

Best,

J

Return to posts index

Editbag
on Jul 31, 2006 at 3:37:14 pm

I used to export an OMF from Smoke and open it in Avid then re-export an OMF and it would finally open in a ProTools project. On further examination it seems that Smoke would export a video track as well, even if you hose audio only. The track would be empty, but I think that is what the error is.
I wanted to do a test in which I would just copy the sequence and strip the video tracks and export an OMF.
I haven't had time to test this. When I do I'll let you know.

-Matt

Matthew Rogers
engine room
Boston, Ma
http://www.engineroomedit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]