FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Please I'm in trouble!!!!!!!

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Banshee06
Help Please I'm in trouble!!!!!!!
on Jul 11, 2006 at 12:48:51 am

I'm having a cow... yeah like thats a first..

I'm really in need of help.. and of course all the editors are gone for the day here at the studio.. But I think I'm in a whole lot of S%$T..

I hope there's a way out..

I have pulled in my conform, from a EDL. I have my whole timeline looking good, and I have put in my final clips which I have done some compositing to.. But here's the problem..

As I was checking my edit with my "guide/reference" I noticed the time codes starting not to match up..

Yep, offline is Drop Frame, and I'm working in Non-drop frame... However all the cuts line up and all the shots when I A/B them.. Except the last two shots...

The offline is 29.97, and I'm on-lining it, 30... Can I change this, without totally %^$#ing up my entire show???????

I'm a flame using normally.. and I always thought that if you try to input a non drop frame into a drop frame timeline, ( or vise versa) it will give you a error message telling you that...

I checked the EDL it shows me 01;00;00;00.. & mine(timeline) is 01:00:00:00....

I'm so confused.. When I assembled the edl, what I have is what it created... Get me? The timeline, was generated completely from the EDL, how can I have a timeline that is NDF, from a conform that looks like it was DF.

Can anyone help, have I explained this well?

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Help Please I'm in trouble!!!!!!!
on Jul 11, 2006 at 3:53:50 pm

You may already be out of your trouble but if not use your EDL import to change the timecode of your record list. (the formerly BBB will show how to do this). Then in the clip library select the record reel you want to use and do a "make record". Then copy that to the clip library and send that to the record timeline. That should follow the correct timecode you entered on your EDL. HTH

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

Banshee06
on Jul 11, 2006 at 11:24:04 pm

Thank you for your response.. I got the whole thing worked out.. and it was all ok...

thank goodness..

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Jul 13, 2006 at 2:43:10 pm

I'm glad it worked out. Time code mismatches on the edl are a nightmare.
Once you figure out the Discreet method of correcting, things go more smoothly. It seems simple but I'd die trying to do it manually.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]