FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion tracking in smoke

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcus dryden
motion tracking in smoke
on Mar 20, 2006 at 10:22:18 am

hi

i have a helicopter shot over a city my client needs to "smooth out", i would normally do this in smooth cam in shake, but i am working at a facilty with only autodesk stuff, ie smoke

are there any third party plugins that work with the smoke thsat are good motion stabilizers ???

Return to posts index

BKM
Re: motion tracking in smoke
by
on Mar 20, 2006 at 6:24:20 pm

Smoke has good trackers...or you can look at Furnace from The Foundry.

BKM

Return to posts index

SydneyS
on Mar 21, 2006 at 2:02:06 am

I haven't found better tracking than what Autodesk (Discreet Smoke in this case) provides, in my opinion... The only problem is, I've been in your very situation, and the guy who shot out of the helicopter (On HDCAM,) was so shaky, it was really unusable... Smoke allows for multiple tracking points and the tools are pretty advanced. However, if you don't know how to use it, tell your client it'll take a couple of days... It will take you at least one day just to figure out how to use it... If your facility has the level of support from Autodesk that allows you to work with a Smoke technician over the phone, they can walk you through the process, and cut many hours off of your learning curve. If not, you're going to have to pull out the manual, and read away...

Return to posts index

moodyglasgow
on Mar 22, 2006 at 8:33:23 pm

Smoke has a great tracker built into it. I think its pretty straight forward and not too dificult to use, especially if you have experience using a tracker. I don't know what version of software you have, but in more recent versions its now labeled "Stabilizer". I've had great success stabilizing bad shot with it. But, if the shot has too much motion blur in it from the camera shaking, the shot will be most likely unusable.

good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]