FORUMS: list search recent posts

Okay I am reposting this here ... Cause the After Effects guys are stumped...

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DeaditteX
Okay I am reposting this here ... Cause the After Effects guys are stumped...
on Mar 8, 2006 at 11:12:03 pm

All this was done in after effects and then borought into fire.. It'll make scence if you read it though...

Okay so here is the sitchuation, I will try to be as specific as I can. I am trying to export a credit roll from an after effects comp and bring it into discreet logic fire version 5.1.2. Whats happening is that we have a flicker which almost apears as a repeated frame stagger, but isn't as we see no indication of this on the fire action window.
Okay so we created a project with a 24fps setting amd a 1080 X 1920 HD comp size, and an HDTV color setting, we pulled in a Illistarter file with the text and lay out, then we re-positioned it through time finally outputting as a Tiff sequance. Sent it through our network into fire, and pulled it in.
Now the comp is about 3 minutes in lenghth and we usually have around 3500 tiff frames at the end of the export which to me seems about acurate?
We have tryed fram blending to no avail. What can we do to get rid of the stagger that is happening once fire prossesses the tiffsequance back to motion?

Return to posts index

moodyglasgow
Re: Okay I am reposting this here ... Cause the After Effects guys are stumped...
on Mar 9, 2006 at 5:52:41 pm

I have a little bit of experience doing some credit scrolls lately. My limited understanding of credit scrolls is that you have to use a certain speed of scroll depending on the text size. Otherwise you get chattering, which I think is what you are describing.
Also, I work on a Smoke so some of the features might be a little different. On the smoke 7.0, you have a scroll feature in the text module. I have found this to be much easier to use then trying to scroll the text in AE then importing it into the Smoke.
Hope that helps

Return to posts index

DeaditteX
Re: Okay I am reposting this here ... Cause the After Effects guys are stumped...
on Mar 9, 2006 at 10:21:57 pm

Yes as a matter of fact it is...eidier but we find it way more time consuming then the after effects prosess typing out a 3 minute long scroll... when you can pull it in to illistrater from the word file the client sends you... also saves on the carpul tunnel medical bills..

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Mar 10, 2006 at 1:30:20 pm

fire will import an ascii text file and create the roll. read the BBB.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]