FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error is Smoke 7 Archiving

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michellel
Error is Smoke 7 Archiving
on Jan 6, 2006 at 3:03:59 pm

Has anyone else had problems archiving in Smoke 7? We upgraded from smoke 5 to 7 recently and I've been getting errors in archiving on smoke 7. I usually use a 64min digibeta tape and I try to fill up the tape with different projects. It usually lays down fine and it does close the archive but when I try to open the archive I get the "error parsing file" and it asks to open the archive with the OTOC file. It doesn't open either when I do select the OTOC file. Does anyone know what causes this problem? I've asked discreet and they have no answer for me.

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: Error is Smoke 7 Archiving
on Jan 13, 2006 at 3:48:14 pm

I'm sure AME Discreet asked about non-drop frame on the archive during your support call, but having drop frame time code on the archive tape would cause your problem. Just a thought.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

michellel
on Jan 17, 2006 at 5:16:46 pm

Thanks. My basics are non-drop frame. It doesn't happen all the time but on the occasion that it does, it's simply frustrating because of the time wasted.

Return to posts index

cowcow
Del Holford
on Jan 19, 2006 at 5:58:31 pm

Hi again
the other editor had a problem retreiving an archive yesterday. His was with audio not restoring. He had tried to restore the whole tape. After restoring fewer clips at a time, everything was fine.
He's on smoke 7.0.1.

Del
fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]