FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for smoke/flame tutorials - have access to machines on W/E but no one to teach

COW Forums : Autodesk Smoke

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin
looking for smoke/flame tutorials - have access to machines on W/E but no one to teach
on Oct 1, 2005 at 9:28:27 am

hi all , I have recently started a job where I have access to Smoke and Flame when it is not in use (eg weekends). Today I went in to check it out, looked through the manual etc, and found it quite difficult.

So i was wandering if anyone knew of any books or tutorial videos which cover things like keying, tracking and so forth (these are my main interests at the moment).

I have looked at the one on discreet but was wandering if there was any more.

thanks

O - would look at tutorials for combustion keying help in regards to smoke/flame? i heard they have similar keyers/interface

Return to posts index

Patrick Hausler
Re: looking for smoke/flame tutorials - have access to machines on W/E but no one to teach
on Oct 2, 2005 at 5:40:55 am

Knowing how to use the basic RGB, Luma, and YUV keyers in combustion will help a bit when understanding the equivelant keyers in smoke/flame. As far as real lessons on either of the two...there are VERY good video lessons for smoke that were released on the Autodesk Media & Entertainment website a few months ago, but they're not complete. Sometime in October they are supposed to release the entire set of smoke courseware, but I believe you'll have to buy it. In any case, you should start there...knowing smoke will help you with flame. If you've got a few hundred bucks to blow search for the CMI Visual Effects set of training DVDs for flame if you want that to be your emphasis.

Return to posts index

Justin
Re: looking for smoke/flame tutorials - have access to machines on W/E but no one to teach
on Oct 2, 2005 at 12:27:25 pm

thx for the response Patrick, had a look at it and looks good - do u know of anything similar for Smoke or any tutorials on tracking for smoke (there is a lot of trackin going on atm at work, so i figure if i can help a bit out in that, it may spark some interest from my employers)

Return to posts index

Del Holford
on Oct 3, 2005 at 3:39:54 pm

Patrick is right but I had a thought that might help. If there is a smoke tutorial Digibeta and a copy of the tutorial book still in the house from version 4 or so it would really help you as it goes through each module and you put together a commercial using the footage and the elements you make.
I don't know if this is available to you but if it is it would be a good start.

Del

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]